Register for the Rocky Peak 50K & 30K Trail Runs | Oct 14
Rocky Peak 50K and 30K runs will follow the footsteps of the Bandit Trail Runs so if you are a legacy Bandit runner, you can keep your streak going!
- Men’s and Ladies’ Dri-Fit Race Shirts
- Finisher Medals
- Awards to the top three Male & Female finishers in ten-year Age Divisions
- Six (6) fully stocked Aid Stations on the 50K course; All runners must carry two bottles
- Four (4) fully stocked Aid Stations on the 30K course; All runners must carry two bottles
- Nine (9) hours to complete the 50K
- Eight (8) hours to complete the 30K
- Computerized Chip Timing
- There is absolutely no Race Day Registration!
- Pre-registration is online only. We do not accept mail-in registration.
- There is absolutely NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION!
- Shirts and shirt sizes are not guaranteed for runners who register after August 25.
- Race management reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone, for any reason.
- Runners must be at least 18 y/o to run the race.
- Online registration will generate an email to you. Please check your SPAM folder if your email does not arrive.
BIB PICKUP INFO
- Bib pickup is on race morning only.
- Photo ID is required to claim your bib.
- Please do not pick up your bib if you do not intend to run. See the Race Director if you only come to pick up your race shirt.
- There are no early starts.
- 50K runners may pick up their race bib beginning at 5:30a.m.
- 30K runners may pick up their race bib beginning at 6:30a.m.
JOIN US FOR COURSE PREVIEW RUNS
- Sunday, June 18 – Corriganville
- Sunday, July 16 – Las LLajas
- Sunday, August 20 – Tapo Canyon
- Sunday, September 17 – Corriganville
There is no support on the course; Carry enough water to get you through the entire training run.
Check our Latest Info page for updates.
Please be aware that the Sheriff’s are aware of this event and will be monitoring traffic for speeding.
- From the Ronald Reagan Freeway (Hwy 118):
- Exit at Kuehner Drive
- Go South on Kuehner Drive to Smith Road
- Turn Left on Smith Road to Corriganville Park
SCHEDULE FOR ENTERING THE PARK
- Volunteers enter the park at 4:00a.m.
- Aid Stations vehicles enter at 4:30a.m.
- 50K Runners enter at 5:00a.m.
- 30K Runners enter at 6:00a.m.
- There is no fee to park inside Corriganville
- Please follow the directions of the park attendants.
WEATHER ON RACE DAY
The weather in October can reach the 70s or even 80s and may be windy. One important aspect of training for this race is to be properly heat acclimated. Do your homework and Google “heat training for summer ultra marathons”.
On race day, the course is marked with surveyor ribbons and arrows on the ground. There is always a possibility that hikers may tamper with course markings and this cannot be controlled. Always keep your eyes alert to your whereabouts. It is unlikely that you will get lost during the race. If you notice you are not seeing arrows or ribbons, simply back-track to the last mark you saw and you will be back on track.
Sweepers will head out from the starting line and will stay behind the last participant. Sweepers will pull ribbons and yes, they will actually carry brooms to sweep arrows. Because course marking may be removed behind you, it is important that runners always move forward on the race course, to avoid getting lost.