Pasadena Pacer’s LA Marathon FREE Training Program
Over the past 12 years, hundreds of runners have completed the Pacers’ 25-week Marathon training program and experienced the success of their first full marathon finish. Prepare yourself for the experience of a lifetime, simultaneously challenging and intensely rewarding. This training program is best-suited for runners who are already running 20 miles per week and have previously completed a half marathon.
What To Bring
If you’re joining the Marathon program, bring a full water bottle or hydration belt and fuel (gels, bars, etc.) to keep you going during long runs.
In order to get the most out of your training, we offer these recommendations to keep you motivated, in great shape, and enjoying your workouts:
- Always consult your healthcare provider before beginning any exercise program.
- Nutrition becomes even more important as your miles increase. You’ll need to consume more protein, carbohydrates, and vitamins to support your training.
- Become familiar with various fuels such as Power Bars, Gu, Cliff Shots, Hammer products, etc., to replace electrolytes, potassium, sodium, and other important nutrients. The long runs are the perfect time to experiment to determine which products will ultimately suit you under true racing conditions .
- Hydration plays a big part in this new routine. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day, and always carry water with you. Be mindful that the demand for hydration is changeable depending on heat, cold, and humidity levels.
- Set goals and track progress. Keeping a log will help keep you motivated. Enter your miles and some details about the run. Was it humid? Windy? Hot? Keeping track of your running will help you prepare for the next run and will show you how much you have improved.
- If you feel any pain while running, stop immediately.
- Find a partner for your workouts. You and your partner can keep one another motivated and take your mind off the hard work. Use the club’s Facebook page to help find running partners in advance.
- Stretching after long runs is important for your recovery.
- Take advantage of hill training and track workouts to help improve your stamina, speed, and strength.
Here’s the link to the official Training Schedule: https://www.pasadenapacers.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/2017-LA-MARATHON-TRAINING-SCHEDULE1.pdf