Valley Crest Half Marathon
Known as “The Friendliest Race in L.A.”, the Valley Crest Half Marathon is a popular trail half-marathon on historic Mulholland fire road that treats runners to beautiful spring foliage and magnificent valley and ocean views. In it’s 16th year, this challenging but fast race makes perfect competition for the serious runner and is also “user friendly” enough to be a great first-timer trail run! The course is entirely on city-maintained fire roads in early June and typically has cool, overcast weather. We look forward to having you run with us!
VALLEY CREST HALF MARATHON FEATURES
- Men’s and Ladies’ Dri-Fit Race Shirts
- Finisher Medals
- $300. Cash Prize to First Place Overall Male & Female
- Awards to top three Male & Female finishers in five-year Age Divisions
- Water stations at mile 2.5, 4.5, 7, 10; all runners should carry one bottle
- Approximately 1700′ of gain and loss
- 4 hours to complete the course
- Computerized Chip Timing
- Race Day Registration will be available from 6:00 a.m. to 7:45 a.m.
- Pre-registration is online only. We do not accept mail-in registration.
- Race Day Registration will be available from 6:15 a.m. to 7:45 a.m. Please bring CASH.
- Shirts and shirt sizes are not guaranteed for runners who register after April 30.
- Race management reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone, for any reason.
- Runners must be at least 14 y/o to run the race.
- Online registration will generate an email to you. Please check your SPAM folder if your email does not arrive.
BIB PICK UP INFO
- Pre-registered runners may pick up their bib from 6:15 a.m. to 7:45 a.m.
- Please present photo ID to claim your bib
JOIN US FOR COURSE PREVIEW RUNS
- Saturday, May 6
- Saturday, May 27
Please arrive early to park and meet at the top of the cul-d-sac for an 8:00 a.m. start.
Carry enough water to get you through the entire training run.
We will meet at the yellow line in the street.
- Take the 101 to Reseda Blvd.
- Go south on Reseda Blvd. approximately 4-miles to the street end.
- Please Note there is a two-way photo enforced STOP SIGN inside the park.
- Parking is head-in along Reseda Blvd. Do not park against red curbing.
- Free parking below the yellow line in the street.
WEATHER ON RACE DAY
The weather on race day is typically “June Gloom” with overcast skies. As always, things could heat up and you should be prepared to run in warm temperatures.
On race day, the course is marked with surveyor ribbons and arrows on the ground. There is always a possibility that hikers may tamper with course markings and this cannot be controlled. Always keep your eyes alert to your whereabouts. It is unlike that you will get lost during the race. If you notice you are not seeing arrows or ribbons, simply back-track to the last mark you saw and you will be back on track.
Sweepers will head out from the starting line and will stay behind the last participant. Sweepers will pull ribbons and yes, they will actually carry brooms to sweep arrows. Because course marking may be removed behind you, it is important that runners always move forward on the race course, to avoid getting lost.