JOIN US for our THIRD annual Mt. Wilson “Make it a double” challenge.
READ ALL DETAILS. SPACE LIMITED. REGISTRATION REQUIRED!
I can’t think of a better way to spend “New Year’s Eve” than a good Elevation Gain challenge with family.
We are pleased to announce this year will be bigger (not higher) than ever!
Please stand up and give a big round of applause to our sponsors…
JULBO USA!!!! And SALOMON!!!!!!! and serving CarboPro to all of our Participants!!!!!
HOW TO REGISTER:
(1-3 summits the price is the same)
WHAT YOU’RE GETTING YOURSELF INTO:
1 AWESOME FAMILY!
1 TON OF FUN!
We feel blessed that you support this event year after year, and to celebrate our good health, the mutual love for the mountains and the family we share it with, we are using this event to give back to one’s less fortunate and bring some presents for you too.
* A portion of the proceeds will benefit “Big City Mountaineers.” An organization committed to bringing under privileged youth on backpacking trips that change their perspective on life.
Everyone registered will RECEIVE:
1-3 Crazy summits
1 Raffle ticket for Julbo Sunglasses (men’s and women’s option)
1 Raffle for a pair of Salomon Running Shoes
1 WX2 participation award (MY MOM, Janene Wyatt, is making us something special… she’s an incredible artist)
Post summit picnic in the park (food and drinks provided)
This event is not about being the first to complete the challenge. It was created to challenge ourselves on a high level with the added value of allowing us to spend time with one another without the pressure of competition. YOU ARE ALL WINNERS!
Come for one summit…challenge yourself to two… or go nuts with three.
There is no official start time and is self supported, just plan to wrap up between 2 – 4pm.
2014: I wanted to challenge myself to a double Mt. Wilson summit from Lizzies Inn and didn’t want to do it alone. 40 friends and family answered my calling to conquer the mountain and we did.
2015: I was blown away by the huge outpouring of attendees and humbled by so many crazy people out there that I call family.
2016: I’m embracing your support and I want to celebrate YOU and say thank you! “We’ve got swag and will make a difference in kid’s lives.
Strava Link of course:
Weather at Mt. Wilson summit:
Everyone is welcome!
PRE-CHALLENGE SPEECH AND RULES:
• This THIS EVENT IS CAPPED AT 60 PARTICIPANTS and taken on a first registered first served basis
• Myself, Ricardo, your running buddy, Mother Nature and/or the city of Sierra Madre is not responsible for any injuries or misfortunes that may occur at WX2.
• Everyone is welcome
• This is not a race!
• There will be a clip board (location to be determined) to check your name that you are on the trail)
• If you are not registered and decide to come at the last minute… JUST COME
• Start time: You make the start time. Plan to finish between 2-4 to have a picnic together
• There is opportunity to buy extra raffle tickets at event
• THERE IS NO ALCOHOL ALLOWED at this event
• Turn your wheels at the curb or you’ll be ticketed
• Respect the neighborhood and be quiet
• This is a self-supported challenge and there is no water at the top.
• Safety tips!
o There are deep drop offs
o sharp rocks
o Blind turns
o Cold / Hot
• There is ZERO tolerance for pushing, shoving or being rude to ANYONE! (don’t make me give you the “stink” eye!”
• Bring enough water and nutrition for an 8 hr day
• “aid stations” It is INSIDE your car only. Don’t stash any thing on the trail
• If you see someone’s stashed bottle or trash. Please help me by picking it up.
• “Trail-gate party” bring a camp chair, blanket, gloves and puffy
• The course:
o It is not marked because I don’t want graffiti on the trail Use the strava link above
o Mt. Wilson trail, at first water fork go left (not to waterfall), at Orchard Camp hang a hairpin turn to the left to the bench, turn left, it’ll bring you to a fire road make a right, at fork in the road use the single track to Wilson summit parking lot…. Return down… and then up one more time.
• Please don’t get lost
• TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES! Hashtag #WX2
• Proudly display your bumper sticker for all to envy
• HAVE TONS OF FUN!
Peace and Strength in Mother Nature
Cyndi Wyatt and Ricardo Ramirez